Activities of Pension Candelaria
Since July 2011 Pensión Candelaria is one of the 20 companies accredited with the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism Garajonay National Park, La Gomera. The Association for Rural Development Insular de La Gomera (AIDER La Gomera) together with the National Park promote since 2005 the implementation of the Charter in La Gomera.
All companies belonging to the CETS of La Gomera collaborate actively with the National Park Garajonay and are committed to promoting sustainable tourism on the island.
- Provide information on walks/hiking using public transport
- Theme library with publications on the nature reserve and its natural and cultural values
- Adapt promotional material to Tourist Information Editorial CETS Plan La Gomera
- Use non-polluting means of transport
- Install water saving devices
- Prioritize recycled, reusable and recyclable instead of single use
- Distribute guides for good practice in protected natural space to its customers
- Provide information to customers about culture and history of the valley Valle Gran Rey
- Encourage customers to contribute to local causes through donations, membership of local associations, sponsorship, supplements, and voluntary work.